Sunday, April 19, 2009

Track and Field












Gavin tried his hand at a new sport this season.  Normally Gavin is in soccer, but this season he decided to try track.  (Due to the fact his mom didn't get him signed up for soccer in time)  He seems to really enjoy it, and has done remarkably well.  His talent is the high jump.  He jumped 4'10".  I can't even jump 6 "!  There were 4 schools that were in the finals, and Gavin was the finalist for his school.  

Gavin is our miracle child as well.  At the beginning of track season, he had to have a physical and permission to play in sports.  The chiropractor took his blood pressure and found it to be elevated.  He thought that perhaps it was because Gavin was nervous.  When I took him home, the next day I took it again, and again it was high.  I called the regular Dr. and took him in to be checked out.  His EKG was abnormal, and the pressure again was high.  They suggested that we have an ultrasound performed.  The cardiologist thought that perhaps it was a coarctation or kink in his aorta, but they couldn't see the aorta very well.  Then he suggested an MRI.  Last Wednesday his Dad gave him a blessing, and we fasted for him.  On the day of his test, they took his pressure and it was totally normal.  The MRI was normal as well, and there was no abnormality with his aorta.  I truly believe that the Lord blessed Gavin, and will continue to bless him.  I'm grateful for the priesthood.  I honestly don't know what I would do without it.  It was a testimony for Gavin as well! 

No comments:

The Music Mom


About Me

Post Falls, Idaho, United States
I'm a mom of 3 great teenagers! I'm a wife of 23 years of marriage. Life is always an adventure. I have tried my hand at many things. I have a beauticians license, I have gotten a certificate for medical transcribing. I enjoy working at hospitals and have a CNA license. I'm a jack of all trades! I have homeschooled my kids up until last year. I miss them, but they have so much more they need to learn about the world around them, because life is an education! My goal is to write in this blog about the experiences that are happening in my life!