Tuesday, September 2, 2008

SCHOOL!

I never thought in a million years that this would happen. All three kids are starting school today! I have such emotions attached with this. It was hard to see them walk out the door to new adventures and new challenges, after all we have home schooled for 8 YEARS! Things started to change when I started school. My time was limited in helping them with their studies. So at the beginning of this summer I gave them the option of going to school or not. I told them to each pray about it. A couple of weeks went by, and finally Paige and Gavin came to me and said that they had made their decisions. The answer that they both received was that they needed to go to school. Garrett attended last year, so it was a no brainer for him. The summer went by with many preparations. Teaching them about the change that was coming. Garrett says in high school the culture is a bit challenging. We have prepped them the best we can, gave them each blessings, and now we as parents are praying for them.

Paige and Gavin both were very excited to get to it. They got new clothes, new stuff and they are on their way! I have to admit that the house is too quiet, and the dog can sense that there is a major change. I know through the spirit that this is the way it should be. Both will gain so much from the social aspect, and I can't teach Chemistry! lol.

I know that the Lord will bless them because of their faithfulness. They prayed and got the right answer! It is great to see your kids grow to the strong adults that the Lord wants them to be in relying on him.

9 comments:

caribickley said...

How was the first day? I am sure that they will have a wonderful time. They will discover a lot about themselves. It's all good!

naomi3 said...

It was awesome! I really worried for nothing. They all had great stories to tell, and became a little more independent. They also made some friends, and that I think is the best of all!

Anonymous said...

They look good!!! How's it going? I hear you got a Mac, and great jorb for jumping in the cool bandwagon.

naomi3 said...

The kids are loving school. Paige had a bad cold, and I told her that she ought to stay home today, and she promptly said NO! I love school, and I'm bored at home. Sigh.... School is great!
The job is going well for Ron he loves it.
My MAC I hate so far. I'm having a learning curve right now, and so far have not learned a thing! ;)

Em-Cat said...

Yay Paige, Gavin and Garrett! I hope they're still loving it. I'm sure it makes their day a lot more interesting to be at school for most of it! I thought Jr. High and High School were a blast. There are so many things you can be a part of!

Sheri said...

Hey there Rooks! It's Paul and Sheri. I have started blogging. Lot's of fun. Hope school is going good. Tanner is loving high school and Emma is enjoying 5th. Hope to hear from you soon. Visit our blog,groverreview.blogspot.com Love your pics.

Sheri said...

Hey there Rooks! It's Sheri. Looks like school was fun. I am blogging now. Come visit us groverreview.blogspot.com
Hope to see you soon. Love your pics.

naomi3 said...

The first week was a bit rocky, but I think they have all got the hang of it and have gotten into a routine. Paige loves school and is making new friends which is what we really wanted for her. She stayed home sick on Thursday, and was so bored that she said she would never do that again. I thought it was pretty funny!

Josh and Heidi said...

High school is challenging!! We will be praying, that all goes well for them.

The Music Mom


About Me

Post Falls, Idaho, United States
I'm a mom of 3 great teenagers! I'm a wife of 23 years of marriage. Life is always an adventure. I have tried my hand at many things. I have a beauticians license, I have gotten a certificate for medical transcribing. I enjoy working at hospitals and have a CNA license. I'm a jack of all trades! I have homeschooled my kids up until last year. I miss them, but they have so much more they need to learn about the world around them, because life is an education! My goal is to write in this blog about the experiences that are happening in my life!