Monday, September 29, 2008

Paige's Personal Progress Recognition


Last night was Paige's Personal Progress Recognition.  As most of you know Personal Progress is just as hard as earning an Eagle Scout Award.  It is a really big deal!  Paige worked hard to get this award.  She did several (7 to be exact) projects 10 hours a piece.  Just to name a few and the ones that I can remember; she memorized The Living Christ.  I can't memorize a scripture let alone this.  I actually tried to do it with her, and was unsuccessful.  I guess it helps to have a young mind.  :0)  She learned how to make whole wheat bread.  We took a plate of it with us to the recognition, and there wasn't any left when we were through.  She exercised, helped me at the Alzheimer's facility and spent some precious time with the residents.  She was also in a Shakespeare play, and had a blast.  

When the presentations were through, we had a slide show that depicted her life up to now.  Then the young women's president gave her 2 dozen roses.  They are beautiful!  We then had refreshments.

This project has really helped Paige.  She has grown up so much over the last several months. She is a kind and loving girl.  I am amazed at the inspiration that the prophet has in all aspects of the gospel, even down to the youth who are so important in these last days.  Her testimony has grown so much and for that I am grateful!  Her Dad and I are so proud of Paige, and congratulate her!





6 comments:

Em-Cat said...

Right on Paige! I never got my young women's medallion...I was too rebellious. At least I didn't go out and get a beer. Anyhoo - I'm really proud of you Paige!

love,
Emily

caribickley said...

CONGRATULATIONS PAIGE!! I am so proud of you. Aren't you glad that it is done!!

naomi3 said...

She is so glad that it is done! So am I! It is a big job!
Em, I never had anything like this at my age. I didn't know it has been around since you WERE a girl. Man you are getting old! :0) Just had to say that!

Melissa said...

Talk about old, it was around when I was a kid, and believe it or not, I actually did get mine.

Congratulations Paige!!! You rock kiddo!

naomi3 said...

You rock Melissa! How long has it been around?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Paige. Matt and I are very proud of you.

The Music Mom


About Me

Post Falls, Idaho, United States
I'm a mom of 3 great teenagers! I'm a wife of 23 years of marriage. Life is always an adventure. I have tried my hand at many things. I have a beauticians license, I have gotten a certificate for medical transcribing. I enjoy working at hospitals and have a CNA license. I'm a jack of all trades! I have homeschooled my kids up until last year. I miss them, but they have so much more they need to learn about the world around them, because life is an education! My goal is to write in this blog about the experiences that are happening in my life!