Monday, December 8, 2008

Our Dog Rosie


It is amazing how an animal warms your heart, and they become part of the family.  Rosie came into our family when she was about 6 months old.  She was full of energy, and would chase anything that was running.  Anything from remote control cars to  laser lights.  She jumped out of a moving car when Ron took her for a ride in the car, and because she saw a cat she jumped out took a tumble was a bit scraped up, but recovered.  She also was poisoned twice and recovered.  We always said that she was like a cat with 9 lives.  
This last week she got very ill, and today I took her to the vet.  There wasn't any hope so we had to have her put down.  Garrett and I sobbed because she had become so much a part of the family.  I don't think my heart will heal enough to get another one for a long time.  
I think she is in heaven playing with our other dog Poky.  She was a great dog!  She was a great companion, and we will miss her terribly!


3 comments:

MCGROVER said...

Sorry to hear about Rosie. Connie took one of our dogs in to be euthanized and said it was really hard. Not feeling quite the pain she felt I was not quite as sympathetic. Our last dog had to be "put down" and guess who did it? I NEVER WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN.

Em-Cat said...

I'm so sorry...I still have a picture of Tippy up in my house. I remembered I cried so hard - he was truly a member of the family. There's always going to be a place in my heart for him and I'm sure it will be the same for you all and Rosie.

caribickley said...

I AM SO SORRY!! I know your pain very well and there will always be a hole. Big hug through the computer to you!! LOVE YA

The Music Mom


About Me

Post Falls, Idaho, United States
I'm a mom of 3 great teenagers! I'm a wife of 23 years of marriage. Life is always an adventure. I have tried my hand at many things. I have a beauticians license, I have gotten a certificate for medical transcribing. I enjoy working at hospitals and have a CNA license. I'm a jack of all trades! I have homeschooled my kids up until last year. I miss them, but they have so much more they need to learn about the world around them, because life is an education! My goal is to write in this blog about the experiences that are happening in my life!