Thursday, December 18, 2008

SNOW!


I haven't seen this much snow since I was a little girl!  It all began yesterday morning, and by 24 hours later Spokane was covered in 17" of snow.  I guess they have exceeded their records.  I went to finals with someone in my class because my snow tires are a little less desirable, and which incidentally I did great on finals!  I passed all my classes with flying colors!  Anyway, it took us an hour to get home from Coeur D Alene!  It is only 15 minutes away!  Ron called from work, and was not able to get home last night.  He is not expected to come home tonight either because we are basically stuck here without plows.  We used to have a neighbor that plowed us out last year, but I haven't seen him yet today.  
Spokane is shut down, the schools are shut down and the hospitals are under their disaster plans.  Ron said just kick back and enjoy staying home.  I do enjoy doing nothing, but on the flip side I don't like to be separated from him.  I have always thought what would we do if we did get separated during a disaster.  I guess this is giving me a little taste.  I'm thankful that we have food storage!  If we listen to the prophets and do as we are told, we will be blessed.  I'm also grateful that Ron is safe.  We miss him, but all will be well soon.
Hope you all are warm and safe this holiday season!
love to all!

3 comments:

Em-Cat said...

And that is why I LOVE Southern California! Though it is fun and cozy if you're home and safe. My mom told me that Ron couldn't get home and I thought - it's better he stays put and is safe. Kudos to following the prophet and having your food storage all put together - and HOORAY for you for doing great on finals!!!

naomi3 said...

If you could send a little sunshine this way that would be great!

caribickley said...

First of all Yeah for you and finals. Now time to chill. Your snow is beautiful and I must admit that I have enjoyed it more than anything. I am certain the novelty will wear off soon enough though.

The Music Mom


About Me

Post Falls, Idaho, United States
I'm a mom of 3 great teenagers! I'm a wife of 23 years of marriage. Life is always an adventure. I have tried my hand at many things. I have a beauticians license, I have gotten a certificate for medical transcribing. I enjoy working at hospitals and have a CNA license. I'm a jack of all trades! I have homeschooled my kids up until last year. I miss them, but they have so much more they need to learn about the world around them, because life is an education! My goal is to write in this blog about the experiences that are happening in my life!