Thursday, October 2, 2008

ELK!

I don't have a picture, but this is an amazing story.  Remember yesterday when I said that the Elk were bugling?  Well this morning I said boy Ron the Elk sound really close!  I looked out our back window, and there they were in our pond!  There was one big buck, and about 9 females, and 1 baby.  We watched them for about 5 mins, and then they were off.  My camera isn't such that it takes pictures that are a ways off, and Elk are so skittish that they would have run off at the slightest sound.  It was such a treat to have those big animals right in our backyard.  Started my day off great!

3 comments:

Em-Cat said...

Wow! That's awesome! I have a friend who would be peeing her pants right now if she knew you had that many elk in your back yard. You really live in a wonderful place!

Melissa said...

Hey, the email I just sent you came back to me saying your inbox is full, so here's the text of the email I just sent you:

Hi Picky!

I'm sorry I forgot to put the piano pictures on the CD. I guess the Artist in me just doesn't want you to see how horribly they turned out. I still want you to think I'm a good photographer. Because they really are bad...not because of Garrett, because of Me. I just didn't plan them well. So if you absolutely insist that I send you the piano pictures I will. :-) I'll try to remember to do them this weekend, but you know my brain you might have to send me an email again on Monday.

Yup, just take the disk to Costco, they should be able to help you.

Love,
Melissa

Sheri said...

Could you please email me your blog address so I can put you under my friends. By the way, great picture. pstannjo@msn.com
Thanks,
Sheri

The Music Mom


About Me

Post Falls, Idaho, United States
I'm a mom of 3 great teenagers! I'm a wife of 23 years of marriage. Life is always an adventure. I have tried my hand at many things. I have a beauticians license, I have gotten a certificate for medical transcribing. I enjoy working at hospitals and have a CNA license. I'm a jack of all trades! I have homeschooled my kids up until last year. I miss them, but they have so much more they need to learn about the world around them, because life is an education! My goal is to write in this blog about the experiences that are happening in my life!