Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Piano Man

Melissa took this picture while she was here.  It is a great picture Melissa!

Garrett has an amazing talent, one that most of you have heard.  Heavenly Father has blessed this child 2 fold.  We had an audience with Marvin Goldstein a couple of years ago, and Marvin said that Garrett is amazing!  Marvin couldn't even play some of the music that Garrett wrote!  He wrote a song and dedicated it to his Grandma Grover entitled Memories.  This song is going to be sung at the graduation ceremonies at the end of the school year.  

My Mom would be so proud of Garrett, and I know she is watching him from above.  She loved to hear him play, and sat with him every morning until the day she died, and helped him to improve his talent.  I know it was her inspiration that helped Garrett to achieve this marvelous talent.  I miss her terribly, but in listening to Garrett play the piano softens my missing her because she was so much a part of his life.  So grateful for the gospel in knowing that I will be able to see her again someday.   I'm also grateful for my kids and to be able to see them achieve greatness!  

5 comments:

caribickley said...

Wow - what an honor for him to have the song used at the graduation. Nice Job! Garrett. Love the photo too.

naomi3 said...

I had to twist Melissa's arm to send the pictures she took of Garrett by the piano. She didn't think they were good, but I have to disagree!

caribickley said...

Hey you - Don't be mad but go to my blog and read the last entry. YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED!! It really is fun to do just once. Have a great night.
LOVE YA
Cari

Melissa said...

Congratulations Garrett! That's fantastic that your song is going to be sung at Graduation!

p.s. You should have seen that picture before I photoshopped it half to death. The only good thing about it was Garrett!

MaricrisG said...

So Talented! I want my daughter to be like him. A piano player! You are quite blessed with great kids! That just shows what great parents they have!:) Glad to be here and know you more!

Maricris

The Music Mom


About Me

Post Falls, Idaho, United States
I'm a mom of 3 great teenagers! I'm a wife of 23 years of marriage. Life is always an adventure. I have tried my hand at many things. I have a beauticians license, I have gotten a certificate for medical transcribing. I enjoy working at hospitals and have a CNA license. I'm a jack of all trades! I have homeschooled my kids up until last year. I miss them, but they have so much more they need to learn about the world around them, because life is an education! My goal is to write in this blog about the experiences that are happening in my life!