Monday, April 2, 2007

FIRE!

It was a wonderful weekend! Conference is always a great time to relax and listen. I also was able to get some counted cross stitching done. I started this picture for Paige when she was a baby, and I'm just now getting it finished. Who has time for that!

Saturday, we watched the morning session, and then had some errands to run. We thought that we could get back so we could watch the afternoon session, but we didn't make it. Garrett cashed his check from Subway, and took us all out to eat. It is so nice having one of your kids that is earning money! Then we went over to Walmart to see about getting a couple of bikes so that we can do some biking this summer. When we got back it was time for the boys to get ready for the Priesthood session. Paige wasn't feeling well, so we just watched some T.V. and relaxed! It was nice not having to go to work.

Sunday was more of the same. I made my traditional sweet rolls. They are anticipated for 6 months. We have them every conference Sunday morning. Then we settled in for the first session which was wonderful! The boys and Paige walked down to the river after the session, and shot their bee bee guns, and fed some geese. I sat home still sewing. It was peaceful without anyone here!

Ron had a pork roast in the crock pot for dinner, and it was beginning to smell wonderful! We watched the second session, had a great dinner and then started to watch Planet Earth. Ron went into the office to get on his website for school. It was dark, and the kids were downstairs. I saw some flashing on the wall, but thought that the T.V. was reflecting on the wall, so didn't pay much attention to it. I did think it was odd though. Next thing I knew I smelled pork, and then I saw smoke! I yelled at Ron, and he came running. He had put a pan on the stove to melt some grease down so we could throw it away, and it was burning! The fire had gone out, but the smoke was thick and black! We opened all the windows and then left the room. We have a sliding glass door into the kitchen so we closed that off. When the smoke had cleared we had soot to clean up.

Ron felt bad, but we were so lucky that it wasn't any worse than what it was. Heavenly Father was watching over our house. It could have been so much worse. As it was it ruined my sauce pan and made the cabinets black. It all washed off except for a little burn on the hood over the stove. That will help us to remember to be just a little more careful and focused on what we are doing.

No comments:

The Music Mom


About Me

Post Falls, Idaho, United States
I'm a mom of 3 great teenagers! I'm a wife of 23 years of marriage. Life is always an adventure. I have tried my hand at many things. I have a beauticians license, I have gotten a certificate for medical transcribing. I enjoy working at hospitals and have a CNA license. I'm a jack of all trades! I have homeschooled my kids up until last year. I miss them, but they have so much more they need to learn about the world around them, because life is an education! My goal is to write in this blog about the experiences that are happening in my life!